The appearance, part of the functions and how the metadata is displayed can be freely configured.
The configuration is made in the file dacapo.conf. This can be found at the home directory
in the subdirectory .dacapo.
- Linux example:
- Windows example:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\.dacapo\dacapo.conf
It is an XML-file whose format is explained in the following.
For each parameter, see here.
The file can be edited with any text editor.
In case of a program update, the configuration file is also automatically updated.
Thereby you lose any comments in this file.
Some parameters can be temporarily overridden during program call.
The structure of the file
According to XML parameter-values always have to be between an opening and a closing tag,
thus directly between a ">" and "</".
The Opening tag contains the parameter name and an attribute with a data type, which is explained below.
It is generally written (with some exceptions) in lower case respectively
The file is divided into several sections, these sections may be further subdivided again:
- Just for documentation purposes
- For version reconciliation
- This section is used to configure the interface. It is further divided into the following chapters:
- Valid if the program is running in windowed mode.
Contains the same parameters as fullscreen.
- Valid if the program is running in fullscreen mode.
Contains the same parameters as window.
- Others, regardless of the mode - comprehensive
- How to handled the synchronized lyrics
- How should the metadata be prepared
- Information about audio output
- Where is to write the log file, and how detailed should be issued
The individual parameters within the chapters contain the attribute data type.
Depending on this type is how the parameter is stored:
- Parameter of type "int" can be specified as an integer.
- Parameter of type "text" can be specified as an text.
The characters "<" and ">" must not be used.
- Parameters of the type "boolean" can be used as True/False. Where normally True stands for Yes and False for no.
- Parameter of type "color" can be specified as
RGB color space (eg 250,250,250 for white).
- Parameter of type "dict" must be specified as a list,
which means that here is another chapter given in the parameter.